Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Do You Have a Friend Who Wants To Do Your Makeup For Your Wedding?

I was that friend once. I have had many friends that have tied the knot and my gift to them was their makeup and hair. I was able to touch them up throughout the day and make sure they were picture perfect at every turn and that their nose was powdered in every necessary moment. 

Did they appreciate it? Of course.

Was it something of value to them? Most definitely.

You must know though that although I was the 'friend' that wanted to contribute by making the bride feel beautiful, I was also a professional make-up artist with many years of training under my belt.

That's the rub.

I've come across (and heard of) many brides that will allow that well-meaning friend or family member give them a makeover. Without professional products or training, the brides typically end up less than happy (unless she is extrememly laid back and in that case, kudos to her!)

Of course I'm a professional make-up artist, which goes along with being a perfectionist and very picky about my work. I would definitely not be that laid-back bride, that's for sure!

I also understand the compromise that this situation puts you in if it is a loved one that just wants to help.

What I suggest (whether with a professional or not), is to request a trial run. See how it goes and whether or not you'll feel comfortable with what they do.

If they have a natural talent and you're pleasantly surprised, then you're golden!

If they could use a little more practice, this will either give them time to brush up on their techniques or give you plenty of time to find a professional.

Just be prepared and whatever you do- do not assume they'll do a good job and do not wait until the day of the wedding!!

The worst time to be disappointed is moments before you're to be ready to walk down the aisle. A prepared bride is a happier and more relaxed bride...hopefully :)





Always making you unforgettable,
The Bridal Beauty Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment