Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pictures, please!

I know I've been away for a bit, but it just seems like the paperwork never gets done. Regardless, that's not your concern so I won't bore you with details. What I'm trying to say is I'm sorry I haven't written in a little while...Alright, alright-more like four weeks. Oh-well, I'm here now!


Although today's post is not that long, I did want to give two words of advice to all brides about to get married who have hired a professional makeup aritst:


1- Schedule a trial run and
2- Bring pictures of makeup (and/or hair) you like.


This isn't because we don't know what we're doing, or because we need help with a "natural look" or "smokey eye". It's because the image that's in your head, may not translate to us and this may create frustration on your part. (I touched upon this in a previous post. Click here to read)


Having visual representation also helps YOU, as the bride, define what you want. I've noticed there are women that have this general notion of what they think will look beautiful (i.e. etherial, glowing, etc.), but if you ask any specific questions, they don't know how to explain it.


It's okay to have multiple pictures and mix what you like about one with that which you like about the other.


The more visual input we have, the better we can serve you, it's as simple as that!


And by all means, if there is something you don't like, speak up! We want to know. It's YOUR day and we'd like an opportunity to correct what you're displeased with. If you don't say anything, it's hard for us to correct it and make you happy.


Can I get a Hallelujah?


Your bridal beauty blogger,
Marcella.

No comments:

Post a Comment