Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Melanie Mills Answers Your Lack-Luster Skin Concern: How Do I Get Perfect Summer Skin?

You may or may not have heard of the name Melanie Mills, but if you've ever watched an episode of Dancing With the Stars, then you've seen this Emmy award-winning makeup artist's work at play! (and six times nominated, might I add).

Melanie's work is no easy task because her job doesn't only encompass traditional makeup for the face, but for the body as well. Before she came along, there was a need for a fast and easy way to make up the body that would require minimal touch-ups and wouldn't come off with the dancers' impressive (but sweaty) performances. Seeing a need for this void in the beauty, makeup and dancer's world, Melanie has certainly delivered.

Introducing GLEAM by Melanie Mills! This transfer-resistant Body Radiance comes in four different tones: Light Gold, Rose Gold, Bronze Gold and Deep Gold.

Ladies, with the summer and sundresses coming up, this is a must for radiant, glowing, even and luminous skin.

I had the opportunity to connect with the artist herself to have her answer all those questions I just know you have, so here goes:


Is GLEAM Body Radiance water-resistant?

GLEAM is transfer-resistant and will stay on, but it will come off in the shower or pool or ocean swimming. However, I have found that when I spray sweat-proof and water proof sunscreen on top of Gleam i can swim and it will stay put. It is a natural, botanical-based, skin firming body makeup. (hurray for that!)

Will GLEAM make me break out?

GLEAM is botanical based body makeup that is designed to firm and nourish the skin.  The formulation is non-comedogenic and has a host of skin-loving ingredients. All makeup needs to be properly washed off the skin before bed if you are prone to breakouts.  There are no parabens, sulfates, petroleum products, or phthalates in the product. In basic, no it has not been known to cause breakouts. In fact, we have had people with eggszma  have no problems with it. (Aren't you loving this so far??)

Will GLEAM cover the skin imperfections on my body/legs?

Yes, GLEAM was invented to finish and even a spray tan. Even without a spraytan it helps to hide imperfections like sun damage, dark spots, blemishes, stretch marks, uneven pigmentation. It looks stunning on camera. It delivers a velvety finish. Wardrobe and makeup artists refer to it as "liquid pantyhose". (OMG)

Can I use it on my face?

Yes, it can be mixed into foundation or brushed on cheeks and around eyes with a foundation brush over makeup to get that lit-from-within glow. It is extremely versatile and can be used anywhere. Some artists even outline the top lip line to give it a pop effect for the camera!

How do I match my skin tone to get my best glow and how do I select a color to highlight?

All the four shades can be mixed, matched and used by everyone. Dark skinned beauties can use Light Gold as a highlighter, and Deep Gold as their base Gleam shade. Some people depending on their coloring, can mix Light Gold and Bronze Gold, or add Rose Gold to Deep Gold to create a new shade. Some people like to enhance their skintones and go Rose Gold all over, or Bronze Gold if they are medium/deep skintoned. You have to try it and see all the possibilities! Trust me, one color is not enough for everyone. I wear all four shades - in different combinations - for all the seasons. (She's even got us covered for all seasons!)

What is the best way to apply GLEAM (hands, sponge)?

On bare clean skin, rub it in as you would a body lotion, minding you are evenly working it onto the area.  Some people use sponges, but I prefer hands.  For the face, I use foundation and concealer brushes and the Beauty Blender always.

(Click here to purchase)

Wow! I have all four colors in my kit (I just received them last week) and I am more excited than ever to use them! I think I want two sets: one for my makeup kit and the other for my personal use.
Take a look and see Melanie explain it herself:



Stay tuned because this makeup maven has come out with her long-wearing lip radiance which I plan to buy and tell you all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment