Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Inspired by Khloe Kardashian's Wedding Makeup?

One thing is for sure- I love my brides. I have to say that in most part, they are all just amazing women to work with and my team and I are honored to be a part of their big day.

So much so, that it has occurred to me to begin telling you about them. Each one is unique in their vision, especially when it comes to hair and makeup. Maybe you're engaged and looking to get some ideas, or maybe you're just browsing, but I always learn something with each new perspective...perhaps because I'm obsessed with makeup!

I first met Andrea at her trial run. She was a very classy bride with a very good idea of what she wanted, which makes my job so much easier!

I always ask that brides-to-be bring pictures to the trial run of hair and makeup they like. The reason for this is two-fold: 1. It gets them to really hone in on what they want and 2. It provides us with a visual, so there is nothing lost in translation. I learned a long time ago that my idea of one thing is not someone else's, so this avoids confusion and frustration. Aside from that, I am an artist, so I am very visual anyway.

Andrea provided Jaime (on of my very wonderful and talented hair artists) and I an image of Khloe Kardashian. The look was long, loose curls and lined, dramatic eyes was something that inspired her.

Perfect color match is the most important thing. They don't call it a "foundation" for nothing! What I often see women doing (and some makeup artists), it matching the makeup to the skin on the face. The only problem with this is that most women wear some sort of sun protection on a daily basis, whether it's in their moisturizer or makeup, and their faces are a few shades lighter than the rest of their bodies. This will then give what I call the "ghost look" in pictures, and it's not attractive. It may even be invisible to the naked eye, but if the makeup contains any titanium dioxide (note: mineral-based foundations have this), it will add to the ghost effect when the flash goes off.

I always look at the neck, chest and even shoulders to find a color that will harmonize all tones so it looks natural.


Because Andrea has beautiful green eyes, I decided to line them with a deep burgundy for added contrast. Khloe looks like she has more of a deep brown, but I felt with her black hair, brown would be too flat for Andrea. We did a little contouring and shading with a lighter heather grey and light purple for depth. Finishing off with some black mascara, she looked absolutely stunning.

I also felt that a true nude lip would wash her out since Andrea is quite fair, so I opted for a nudy-pink color to give some color contrast. Because the eyes were more pronounced, I wanted to stick with a lighter color to complement and not compete with the makeup.



The ladies in the wedding party were just as awesome! Their dresses were a deep purple, so I wanted the makeup to harmonize for the most part.





When they were all done, they looked incredible! Jaime did an amazing job on their hair and everyone was super happy (hence the big smiles on their faces :)


All in a day's work. We hope the day was everything Andrea dreamed it would be! They were all a pleasure to work with.

Photographer: FatCatz Photography











1 comment:

  1. Andrea and her bridesmaids are looking very beautiful in the pictures. You really did a great job with their makeups. My sister is also a beautician so she will be doing all the makeup for my wedding. I’m tying the knot next month at one of the amazing wedding venues Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete